Monday, January 12, 2009

Mark Rothko Untitled 1960

Mark Rothko Untitled 1960Mark Rothko Violet Green and RedMark Rothko Green Red on Orange
this for 2,500 years. But this book explores the idea from a psychological point of view, showing us how our thoughts are what create our emotions, how we can become calm in the middle of chaos, how we can minimize stress, become betterHappiness are simple yet insightful, and even if there’s nothing overly profound, I found them to be great reminders about why living a more compassionate life can have incredible meaning for ourselves and those around us. parents, improve our relationships, and much more. I’ve been trying this myself recently and it works wonders. 3. Simplify Your life, by Elaine St. James. This is one of the books that most influenced the simple philosophy behind this site. I began simplifying my life when I first read this book a decade ago, and though I’ve had some ups and downs, I credit my love for simplifying to Elaine St. James. It’s an easy read and there are some great tips in there. 4. The Art of Happiness, by the Dalai Lama. I love the Dalai Lama mostly because he always seems so happy and compassionate. I don’t know if the actual person is like that, but his writings on compassion and

No comments: